Deceased baby camel for taxidermy SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by reveriereptile, Jan 5, 2009.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I feel weird posting this on here but decided to just incase someone would want it. The people that were going to get it never did. We didn't want to just throw it away incase someone would want it for taxidermy use. It is a 80-90lb. male camel that died during birth. It is pied with brown fur and white front legs. It was put in a freezer within 3 hours after passing. We've had it since the middle of the summer. If anyone wants it just make an offer. We live in the St. Lawrence County area of NY. Be good to have stuffed or for the fur. Want to get rid of it soon.

Thanks for the help, especially the taxidermy site which I found someone that is picking it up this weekend.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Wow! You have camels? I just have to ask how did you get started in that?

3. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Dang I bet its going to be hard to find a baby camel mold !. Sounds like something I would try to do lol. I know its really hard to do taxidermy on animals that rigamortis, sets in. Good luck !
    btw do you have pics of the other camels?.Maybe start a tread in the other (lievstock)section?

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
  5. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure about posting it on here or not cause I wasn't sure what people would think. Thanks for the taxidermy link. My father-in-law likes exotic animals and bought the camels to breed and sell. His brother owns buffalo and wild boars (he had them before they became ilegal to own but can still have them but can't sell any) at the moment and use to own bob cats. One place we called couldn't find a mold or he would of taken it. I tried listing it on craiglist but some people must of flagged it. Had that happen before almost a year ago when I posted a wanted ad for a ferret some people had flagged it and got it removed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  6. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    When we lived north of Phoenix, sometimes we would ride our horses past a place where the people owned 5 camels. Now that gave the word wigged out a whole new meaning! Seriously, the size of those annimals was mind boggling, and I like the graceful way they move!

7. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    They are sometimes scary to be around. The second winter I was living here I got in their winter pen with three adult females and I end up surrounded by them thinking they were going to step on me. They weren't scared of me at all and were only giving me a few feet of room to move around. They look weird when they are running since they move both legs on one side at the same time so their body is moving side to side.

8. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    Just thought you might get a kick out of this video:

A camel and an arabian doing a dressage routine together.

Sarah

9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:That is really neat! Thanks for putting that link in here. I have only seen camels in movies I think and they never show them moving fast. So that was cool!

Now I can picture what reveriereptile was talking about in the way they move!

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    You could try a site like taxidermy.net.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by