December incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TherryChicken, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Well I will be hatching 2 dozen buff orpingtons, 1 doz lavender (thanks to someone on here :)), and 6 wheaten marans. Is anyone else hatching in december? Would love to follow..

2. JonnaMomma

JonnaMomma Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    I will be :) I have RIR and silkies. I was hoping for Christmas polish babies but the girls arent cooperating. I just hatched a few last week to make sure everything is good to go for December chicks. I have 7 beautiful additions so im going to give winter chicks a try. Good luck with yours!!!

3. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    I have hatched out RIR before, but not silkies. Have you tried looking somewhere for polish eggs? I usually look on craigslist. Thank you, I hope you have good luck too. Can't wait to see them especially the silkies since I've never hatched them.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I should have some babies hatching in December. I fired up two Sportsmans and a Hova-Bator today. If their temperatures stay steady through the night, I'll start collecting eggs and will hopefully set a 'test' batch next week. Egg-cited!!

Good luck on your hatch. I pray you get many fuzzies to hatch for you. : )

~ Aspen

5. JonnaMomma

JonnaMomma Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    I get all my eggs right here at home :) I have a soft spot for crested birds and I love seeing the colors of the new babies. Silkies have been difficult to hatch but they are so worth it! Good luck everyone!!!

6. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Thanks so much you too!! I personally don't like the hova bator. My first one i got killed all my eggs sept for 8/46.. I had to do a dry hatch till i got a new incubator.. Much luck for you!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    What model was yours?

~ Aspen

8. arcy liger

arcy liger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Mine are due to hatch on 8th ..they are 18 aseel eggs.

9. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Mine is the octagon 20. After my styraphone incubator I can't trust another so I went to brinsea octagon

10. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Oh wow, can't wait to see them :)..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by