Decided Not to Renovate Coop... Decided to Renovate SHED! :D...Advice?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PepsNick, Nov 9, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    As some of you know, I was going to renovate my largest coop this coming summer. Well a friend just offered to give me this old shed that would be a PERFECT chicken coop! It is 10 x 6 and that will be enough room for ll my chickens and a few more!! It is tan colored, in GREAT shape, has one 3x3 window in the front, a big door on one side, and a small vent on the other side.

Here's what I'll be changing about it:

- Add 3 windows along the upped back
    - Add some more small close-able ventilation windows along top in front and back
    - Add row of 6 nest boxes and access to them along the lower back
    - DECORATE!
    - add bedding, feed and water, duh
    - Add recycled roosts
    - Add poop board and outside access to it.
    - Add Light bulb (not heat lamp, just think it could use some more light [​IMG]

Alright... here we go! Chicken addiction, here I come! With this coop I'll have a dozen chickens in it, plus THREE MORE SPARE COOPS!! Anything I should change or add? Advice welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

What about predator protection?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:It'll be completely predator proof. My chickens live in a completely predator proof on now, too. The shed will be wooden, and the run will be 9 inched underground with a wooden outline, "9" underground, and with a hardware cloth roof.

Predators I have to worry about:

- saw a raccoon here in the neighborhood 4 years ago.

the end!

4. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Sounds like you have it all covers. I am trying to think of anything but i think you got it all. I need a friend like yours. LOL

5. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:LOL yay! I'll be your friend! haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by