Decided on my Roosters (pictures)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by featherfooted, Jan 7, 2008.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    After hatching 6 Brahma roos in late August, I finally decided on which ones I was going to keep. The keepers were the Dark Brahma roo Rocky, as I decided to concentrate on my Dark Brahmas, and Casey, the roo of a different color. Casey is more the golden duckwing color which is not a standard brahma color. I decided to keep him as I love his color and would like to see what he will produce. Here are pictures of them. They are just 5 months old and are bigger than my cochins. The others were all Light Brahmas and I was able to find good homes for them.

Rocky

[​IMG]

Casey

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    It took me forever to decide which of my 4 roos I was gonna keep, it's good that you've decided though.

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

They are beautiful little, or should I say Big guys..lol!! Thank you for sharing your pics!!!
    Are they a pretty docile breed? And how about the roos, Are they friendly?
    In about April I want to get a roo, but I want a baby...Rocky and Casey make me want Dark Brahmas!!!!

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Love your Brahma!

5. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Both Roos are pretty docile. Both will eat out of your hand. Right now some of the older hens still pick on them even if they are bigger than they are. I had hoped that Casey would be a hen, but he wasn't. One thing I like about my Brahmas is that they are alot quieter that the other chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by