Decided to treat for coccidiosis! Second chick got the foamy poo this evening

Lucyhughes82

Chirping
Mar 6, 2018
Ohio
A3AD34B5-88E6-4046-9731-E9E836D8AAC7.jpeg 4EFB2E0B-48B5-4100-9E76-B841A07C8B99.jpeg I have 2 chicks only one has poop that looks like this? Acting normal in every other way. -update decided to treat for coccidiosis this afternoon and my other chick just started getting the yellow foamy poo this evening!

Last edited:
I would keep an eye on the chicks, and if you see one with weskness, lethargy, not eating, or standing hunched, then I would treat for posssible coccidiosis with Corid from your feed store. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp per gallon of water for the powder for 7 days. You can get or locate some Corid ahead of time, and keep for future use if you wish. It varies in price from $17-24 in many feed stores, and this time of year may get scarce. Treat all chicks at once, and if they do not have coccidiosis, it will not harm them.

I would keep an eye on the chicks, and if you see one with weskness, lethargy, not eating, or standing hunched, then I would treat for posssible coccidiosis with Corid from your feed store. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp per gallon of water for the powder for 7 days. You can get or locate some Corid ahead of time, and keep for future use if you wish. It varies in price from $17-24 in many feed stores, and this time of year may get scarce. Treat all chicks at once, and if they do not have coccidiosis, it will not harm them.
Thank you so much for an answer!!

Second chick started yellow foamy poo this evening I started the corid at noon today! Will continue to post on this thread to help others in the future!!

Also I am using 1 teaspoon of liquid corid per gallon because I read that 2 teaspoons was only for severe cases with blood and moderate cases would only have diarrhea and foam! Hoping this is the answer I’m going at this pretty blind at this point!

How did your chicks recover? I am having the same exact issue with my three and I decided to treat with Corid. I guess I am dosing for the severe case though so I think I should reduce the dosage. Anyway I wanted to see if everything turned out okay for your chicks? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom