Decorating your coop?!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Lyndssxo08, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Yes, duh!

36 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. Oh heck no, you cray cray

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. Lyndssxo08

Lyndssxo08 Songster

May 3, 2018
    Purcellville, VA
    My Coop
    Am I the only one that decorated their coop for their birds? we have been trying so hard to build a big coop and run (been working on it since May) that is safe enough for everyone! I felt like every day I was praying the whole ride home that my babies were safe and I wasn’t coming home to any missing. Wellll anyways it’s been a LONG time coming to get to this point, and guess what? I had a margarita (or two) over the weekend and decided to take a trip over to Hobby Lobby - where they had all my chicken decorations 50% off and figured why the heck not, I should decorate the coop! I built some swings and even added mirrors! ‍♀️ Yessss, you may think I’m a tad bit crazy, but these birds are basically my kids and since I spend more time in the coop than my own house - what a great idea LOL. See pictures attached! I just ordered my Wyze cameras too to put in the coop and outside to monitor and get alerts throughout the day while I’m gone- has anyone had luck with them?

Attached Files:

2. Fluffy&Cutie

Fluffy&Cutie Songster

May 17, 2018
    Los Angeles Basin
    omg...yes, yes, and yes. we are building a larger coop and i am planning where to put all the signs, wreaths, and pictures of us holding them! i am currently designing some type of chandelier to hang too. and i got the sun catchers...i mean seriously. i am cray cray-but it is so much fun... i can take some pics tomorrow!!!!

3. SniperGoose

SniperGoose Songster

Apr 15, 2018
    Central Pennsylvania
    Oooh I love your coop decor! Very cute :)

4. Lyndssxo08

Lyndssxo08 Songster

May 3, 2018
    Purcellville, VA
    My Coop
    YASSS I would LOVE to see pics! I feel like we need to best friends

5. Lyndssxo08

Lyndssxo08 Songster

May 3, 2018
    Purcellville, VA
    My Coop
    Thank you!!!

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Form after Function!
    Then whatever floats your boat :lol:

My only 'decor' and only because a dear friend and customer made it as a gift.
    upload_2019-1-9_9-36-26.png

7. Lyndssxo08

Lyndssxo08 Songster

May 3, 2018
    Purcellville, VA
    My Coop
    For sure! The stress over the last few months trying to get the run and everything secure has been miserable that’s for sure! The struggle when raising these babies LOL. Love yours! I need to make an egg sign when we finally get the laying boxes done - slowly but surely it will happen. I’m determined! Lol

fldiver97, WhoDatChick and DobieLover like this.
  8. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    I will be building a new coop this spring and will be decorating it. Mostly to keep it looking nice as the entire property has been renovated and I don't want a big ugly eyesore in the chicken pen. Even the chicken pen is being 'decorated' with lots of new planting arrangements.
    But make no mistake, the decoration is for me not the chickens. They couldn't care less if I hang a picture up. Now if something has some bling to it, I might get my BPR interested as she is very much into 'sparklies'. Other than that, all the decor is for ME!!

9. Lyndssxo08

Lyndssxo08 Songster

May 3, 2018
    Purcellville, VA
    My Coop
    Amen girlfriend! I love it!

10. Fluffy&Cutie

Fluffy&Cutie Songster

May 17, 2018
    Los Angeles Basin
    ok, so i am a super geek. these are some of whats on the current prefab. they ll move into the new coop.
    DSCN0802.JPG DSCN0803.JPG DSCN0806.JPG DSCN0805.JPG
    here's some new ones for the new coop & of course a preview of the coop.
    DSCN0807.JPG DSCN0808.JPG DSCN0810.JPG DSCN0799.JPG DSCN0801.JPG
    i also have some plates to hang and the chandelier i m trying to make. i lopve your wreath. i think i ll add one too, lol. i cant wait for feb. it should all be complete by then. and yes, in urban settings your coop has to look nice. thanks my bff!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: