Deep blue and olive eggs to hatch

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by chicNlove, Jan 25, 2014.

1. chicNlove

chicNlove Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2013
    Connecticut Shoreline
    Looking for hatching eggs in deep blue and olive for this spring. Ship to CT. Will pay reasonable asking price, message me please....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. lismarc

lismarc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    I have olive eggs. Black Copper Marans Roo over a Crested Cream Legbar, if your interested. Cant help you on the deep blue eggs.

3. chicNlove

Oct 28, 2013
    Connecticut Shoreline
    That would be great...can you post a pic so I can see the color? Would you have some for end of March?

4. lismarc

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    yep, I will have them In March. I will get a picture as soon as I can of two pictures. One will be the approximate color of the eggs your chicks will hatch the second will be the color of the egg you will receive.

They are different colors because you will be receiving 1st generation Olive eggers. Meaning my Cream Legbar hen has laid the egg that you will receive. As I'm sure you know, they lay blue eggs. The hen you hatch will be the one to lay the olive egg.

Give me a few hours to post pix. We just moved and my camera is in a box somewhere, and my camera phone wont do justice on the color (especially without much natural light today..Its gloomy outside). Soooooo.... I'm at the mercy of my oldest son to get out of bed for his camera phone.. ggrrr

5. lismarc

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    [​IMG]

Even these pixs don't do much justice. (In a bit of a hurry to take the pix, the olive one was in the bator and removed for pix.. cold outside)

Hope it helps give you an idea.

6. chicNlove

Oct 28, 2013
    Connecticut Shoreline
    They look great! How is the cream leg at as a pet? I was considering getting a chick but at 46 a bird was a bit unsure...what is the qty of eggs you will ship? What is your shipping hatch rate? Cost?

7. lismarc

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks!! I feel comfortable in shipping 12 in a box, not much more. Shipping charges usually run around $15-$18 depending on your locale. I'm doing the test hatch right now. (Due to hatch this Friday) I put 4 Olive eggers in the bator. They were all fertile and are doing great. I will let you know hatch rate. I charge $15 for 6 eggs plus any extras that are laid the day I mail package out. Sometimes its two, sometimes it zero.

As far as pets... the creams are my FAVORITE. So gentle and sweet. When Im in the run hand feeding to everyone, at least one of them will jump into my lap and try to eat out of the oats container. haha. They were the only ones I had that consistently laid through the winter.
    Well worth the money, in my opinion. Great asset to any flock. Not to mention the gorgeous blue eggs they lay...

8. chicNlove

Oct 28, 2013
    Connecticut Shoreline
    Sounds great! I'll take 6 late march...to CT...:jumpy

9. lismarc

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    Great... I'll put you on the calendar and contact you in the middle of March. THANKS YOU!!

10. chicNlove

Oct 28, 2013
    Connecticut Shoreline
    Perfect!!! Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by