*deep sigh* Lost Cinnamon UPDATE! Good/Bad news

poppycat

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Well we had our first loss today. A coyote came up out of the ravine and carried off one of our RIR's. The amazing thing is that my husband and kids and I were standing RIGHT THERE! It was 3:00 in the afternoon. I guess we won't be ranging so freely in the future. My husband suspects they have pups and that's why she was so bold. I just hope she died quickly
sad.png

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss of Cinnamon.
hugs.gif
We had a coyote wandering in with our horses right around Christmas time, but when we put a box trap out for it, we haven't seen it since. It was seen around 10 am in the morning. I have to keep an eye out as I have small children too. Hope you don't have more troubles with more coyotes!

Quote:
No kidding. Fortunately our children are old enough that that's not a worry anymore.

Thank you all for your kind words. We've been very lucky up to this point. It's a delicate balance between protecting your flock and letting them enjoy life outdoors. I'd still like them to free range some, but we can't have them carried off into the woods one by one either.

I'm so sorry that you lost Cinnamon.
It may not make you feel any better, but at least she didn't go to waste, as she would have in a dog attack...
hugs.gif

Just the other day, I heard, "Yip. Yip awooo". which was then answered by 3 others...I had fun getting my babies back in PDQ!

Back
Top Bottom