Deep swim therapy?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck lover 27, Oct 19, 2019.

1. duck lover 27

duck lover 27 In the Brooder

Oct 7, 2019
    I have two drakes that have started to try to determine who is the alfa male. One of them has had left weakness off and on (not all the time) I've been told be a vet it's just a Pekin thing getting use to weight and the fact that pekins usually are the breeds with with most joint problems because they pack weight on so fast. I want to do deep swim therapy with one of my drakes but not sure on the right water temp? I know it shouldn't be super cold or hot...I'm thinking like warm or a little warmer than Luke warm? Please correct me if I'm wrong? About an hour after therapy I will be rubbing his legs with epsom salt poultice then wrap with gauze and then wrap the gauze with vetiwrap. Help please!

Miss Lydia likes this.
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Mary Did You Know....

I’d use nice warm water it will help the muscles relax instead of tighten up. Did the vet tell you to do the ES poultice wraps? I’d also offer your Pekins some liquid B Complex it’s the best stuff to give them when they have weak legs and to help them get them strong. TSC has the best it’s 1 ml over a very tasty treat something they love and will eat up quick so they get full dose. If you give it to both it’s 1 ml each daily.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: