Deer giving birth in back yard Update PIC on pg 2

chcknrs

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Kelso, WA
For those of you who were in chat tonight, the video didn't turn out, it was too dark although we could still see very well. We will try and keep you posted, but for those who don't know, we have a deer in labor in our back yard (7 acres) and she should be having the baby tonight. We put out some grain for her, and put the dogs in. She is obviously contracting, but has now left the open area for some privacy. Her last year's fawn is trying to follow and she is chasing her off, so we know she is close. Also her belly is getting fat and tight and her back is kinda humping up at the same time, definite signs of labor. This is so cool! Contractions are just a few minutes apart. i hope she makes it without predator trouble!

Last edited:
Wow, thats exciting...
lol.png

I guess I had the cam on the wrong setting, and my camera expert daughter is now in Cali! We'll keep an eye out tomorrow and see if we can get some better pics.

It's so hard, knowing I can't go and help! But i know she will do okay. The coyotes have not made their voices heard, so I think all will be well. She was SO close for awhile tho. It was a trip. She was about 150 feet away at one point, in clear view from our deck. Can't wait to see the baby!

I went outside this morning, half awake, without the camera, and there she was. Her belly is no longer bulging! She slowly wandered back toward the brush where we last saw her last night. Hopefully she will be out again and I can get some decent pics.

Back
Top Bottom