1. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    After research here it seems alot of people use it.I would'nt have thought plastic could do the job. So where does every one generally get the best prices?

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It's only really good to keep chickens from flying out, and hawks from flying in. (Usually. I've read reports of hawks ripping through very flimsy netting).

Does ZERO good against predators that will climb your fence such as raccoons, possums, dogs, etc.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

3. londonschickens

londonschickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2009
    I was looking up netting last night...I came across this website lastnite bennersgardens.com... after that goto the fencing section...depending on your exact needs they also have a fence called garden fence that may work for you...I have also seen some mentioned on here from Home Depot it is yellow netting type of plastic fence

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  4. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    Is it useable if applied as a top as well as sides? If not I'll go wire all the way around and over but probably not through

5. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It is only useable as a top. No point in using it for pen sides, you may as well just invite the predators over and hand them silverware and bibs.

Pat

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I found some at the hardware store 1/2 price in the fall. But that probably wont do you anygood now. As others pointed out, it does work well for deer,but notfor next door neighbors black lab [​IMG] I used some for the topof my run, till the pigeons found a way out, then I just used some recycled chicken wire over the top.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by