Definitely NOT Impulse Ducklings 😉

May 11, 2020
I now have 5 ducklings. They’re a week old and cute as all get out. They’re messy. They’re chirpy. They’re amazing. I clean the tub out 2-3 times a day and let them have a short swim after each time.

We already have 2 adult quail hens and 19 chicks.

What can I say? I love poultry!

1DE65D0D-8E5B-44B0-A6AE-DF6940534756.jpeg
412C9683-0DB5-4BEC-8CD4-1F87DF62FB77.jpeg

Congrats!

May I make a suggestion, In the second photo I can see they are being housed on just the bathtub floor, if they continue to be housed on such substrate, I really wouldn't be surprised if they start to develop splayed legs because it's so slippery. What you want is either a thick layer of pine shavings, straw, or towels that offer better traction.

Congrats!

May I make a suggestion, In the second photo I can see they are being housed on just the bathtub floor, if they continue to be housed on such substrate, I really wouldn't be surprised if they start to develop splayed legs because it's so slippery. What you want is either a thick layer of pine shavings, straw, or towels that offer better traction.

Thanks for the reminder! I bought some, but forgot to put it in there.:idunno I got too excited, I guess!

Back
Top Bottom