definitely worth the wait

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dparadise, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dparadise

dparadise Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    southwest Florida
    We have our first egg!!! yay~ I'm not sure who laid it but it's perfect. Now the DH won't eat it, says he can't...... I told him we should share the first one, we've shared everything else so far. I think he's a bit squeamish, but this is why we have chickens in the first place, isn't it? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! [​IMG]

Of course you must eat it! Otherwise you won't know how much better they taste than store bought!

3. tri-5-ron

tri-5-ron Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Orange County
    I'll eat it !
    put a stamp on it and send it to me !!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

congrats !

4. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    Just tell him how beautiful and perfect it is, and how much healthier it will be for you, as well as how yellow-orange the yolk will be since the bird is leading a better life, and eating better than the poor little battery hens.

5. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Congrats!!

6. dparadise

dparadise Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    southwest Florida
    Thanks everyone, I'm sure I'll get him to eat them eventually, he's just a bit weirded out because the babies are laying, I guess he didn't think that this day would ever happen..

7. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    Aww tell him not to feel bad. It took me six months to eat one of those not a cake or something. My husband would make me breakfast and I just couldn't eat them. Now I eat them no problem. Some of us are a little more squeamish about seeing directly where our food comes from - I had the same problem eating fish I caught camping last week. I can collect it, kill it, clean it - but I can't eat it. He'll come around!

8. beth59

beth59 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl
    Yay!!! It's beautiful. I remember finding our first one last fall. It was so exciting (or eggciting!). I'm not a big egg eater, so hubby got the honors of eating the first one.

Beth

9. tri-5-ron

tri-5-ron Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Orange County
    Quote:MAN !, This over a chicken egg? I hope you guys don't have any daughters, Cuz he'd be a major basketcase !!!! LOL!

10. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Sounds like my mom when I got my first egg. She said they had chickens when she was young and his couldn't handle yard eggs. Didn't like the brighter yolk. Then she baked with one and baked with a store egg and could taste the difference. Now she will eat yard eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by