deformed chick...advise please?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Feather Dust, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    I have a bunch of chicks that just arrived on Saturday morning. This morning I was cleaning off their behinds (a couple of them had some poop stuck on it), and when I looked at one of my RIR I thought it had a lot really stuck, but when I cleaned it off there wasn't much there but it did have TWO openings there. Has anyone ever heard of this??? Is that a problem? Is it a defect that I don't want in my line of birds? Should I notify the hatchery? It seams to have a larger bottom then the rest, but w/ two shoots I guess that's why. Any advise would be appreciated! ~Thanks

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I never heard of a chicken with 2 holes before. You might want to contact the hatchery and see what they say

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Yes, someone else on here has a silkie with 2 vents...it's a few pages back by now, but she laid an egg with no problems.

4. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
  5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Does it look anything like the silkie with two vents? Are they side by side or one on top of the other?

Is one the navel???

Inquiring minds want to know......

6. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    They are side by side

Thanks for the other post. very interesting. I have never heard of it, but have only been involved w/ chickens for almost a year now.

I have no idea if its a hen or roo. She/he will be a week on wednesday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by