deformed chicken there are pics

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bella1210, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    we think our chicken might be deformed. he just hached about an hour ago and was trying to hach for about 7 hours. we had to help him out. he is having trouble walking and breathing. he also think we got his toenail stuck in is head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Pictures aren't very clear, but sorry to hear about the little fella, hopefully with some rest he might just pull through. I don't understand what you mean about his toenail stuck in his head? Is it still there?

3. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:we mean when he hatch his foot was on his haed when he was in the egg and we think his toenail stayed in there

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm sorry maybe I am just too tired but am still having a problem understanding what you mean. His toenail stayed where in his head or in the egg? are you saying he is missing a toenail?

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    they are very tightly packed in that egg shell give it a little time for everything to reposition. Hope that everything comes out ok

6. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Make sure you give the little guy/gal some sugar water, show him where the water is and keep him warm and quiet til morning. Maybe he just needs rest. I'd be tired after trying to get out of an egg for 7 hours.

7. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I have hatched a chick with toenail promblems and he survived the hatch all on his own. I hope your little baby makes it.[​IMG]

8. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Too bad the pictures aren't a little better. I can't really see a toenail in his head, but from what I see on his feet they are all intact.... Let him dry off in the incubator a while and see what he looks like tomorrow.

9. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    this is bella's dad i just got home from work an the little guy is doing well i dont know what happened was at work but he is pretty bald on top dosnt look very pretty but i think he will live.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks for everyones help jim

10. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

What a fighter!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by