Deformed chicken toes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jatsma, Jun 16, 2016.

1. jatsma

jatsma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2015
    Canada, Saskatchewan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As you can see his two toes are pointing right at each other. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. Walks normal, acting normal. Just his two toes look broken. He's very active, eats drinks and poops normal. I honestly don't think they are broken... Just looks.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Does anyone else just adore baby chicken feet?

Back to the abnormalities. If it's not bothering the chick, it will be fine. I have several hens who have toes turned inward so they appear to be walking on the sides of their toes. It hasn't bothered any of them, and it doesn't especially concern me, either. After all, the chickens and I aren't concerned with high standards of perfection and beauty.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

I really did not see any problem?
    Even us humans can have weird toes..

4. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]The toes look pretty normal to me. Many of my chickens have feet like that and they are fine. My mature white leghorn hens' feet look weirder than your chicken's feet.
    One of my 12 week old SLW's is missing 3/4 of her toe on the right foot-- birth defect or injury @ hatchery I guess.
    She's doing great and is a serious sassy pants! No issues for her and she's developing beautifully.
    We named her Nubby! Hey, it seemed fitting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by