Delaware Chick..seriousbill, check it out! Pullet? Cockerel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
We thought it was a girl last week. Well, the comb is making me a bit suspicious that maybe we were both wrong. Here is that one today. They are five weeks old.
DCP_1095.jpg

DCP_1104.jpg

DCP_1103.jpg

This is what the chick looked like about a week ago:

DCP_1055C.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I gotta say "boy" now.
hmm.png
And I can see some patterning on the shoulders in that second pic too, but it's light and doesn't extend as far down the back as some Del males.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. Now, since I have only two pullets out of the six, I have to make a decision. I hate to give up my handsome boy I have all picked out, so I may think about doing what you said and giving him a couple of others whose eggs I cant mistake for the Delaware eggs.

Well, I don't blame you for not wanting to relinquish your boy
smile.png
And that could put you into a good holding pattern until spring. By then, George will be heading up my main flock (and I'll bet I have a new avatar about then too
wink.png
) and I can send you some eggs out of those birds.

Last edited:
Yes, he is
smile.png
I'm really liking the head. Now, how about that tail barring? What kind of new stripes is that boy hiding under those juvy feathers?

He's got some barring going on, but I didnt catch him to get a pic of it today. He is very friendly, wants to jump on my arm or knee. They all are, really. Even DH is liking this bunch.
wink.png

Thanks, Andrea! I like this boy alot.

Last edited:
Aww I LOVE Delawares! I only have one at the moment and I bought her as a Pullet..but seeing your pics has me worried now..She is about the same age (maybe a few weeks older) and has a comb like that and the patterns...I am thinking of getting Delaware Eggs but for some reason I am just SO great at hatching Roos!
barnie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom