Delaware Chickens Results!!!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Delta2 23, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Yes, unusual or not, it is already March 1st here in Oz. Today I got here waiting to see if I'd won any of those contests due March 1st, and then remembered it's still little old February over in US.

Here are the results:

5th: faverolle's Eagle!
    [​IMG]

4th: mcbrown's Arran!!!
    [​IMG]

!3rd!: faverolle's White
    [​IMG]

!2nd!:Kanat's Pullets
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

!!!1st!!!!: Farmer Brown's Speckles!!!!!!!!!!
    : clap [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congrats everybody! All the entries were really good! [​IMG]
    Farmer Brown I've got something on my BYC page with Speckles on it.

2. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Chookies Rox it was an honor just being considered [​IMG] and the page is realy cute. Everyone has beautiful birds, Delaware's have quickly become a favorite breed in our backyard! I was kinda hoping to win some tickets to come and visit you in Australia [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I would sneak speckles in with me of course!!! [​IMG] Thanks again [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I must of course thank my lovely wife, fellow chicken servant and BYC member mychickensrock [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  3. Farmer Brown

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Now if Speckles and her friends would stop freeloading and start laying some eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kanat

Kanat Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2008
    NC
    Thanks!

I am proud of my pullets becoming 2nd in the contest [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Their names are Molly, Daisy and Dolly. Two of them are in the photo. They are very hard to tell apart...

FarmerBrown: my Delawares live in Fuquay Varina, NC so we must be pretty close neighbours!!!! My pullets haven't started laying yet either but they are growing fast and I am pretty sure that I should start getting eggs from them as soon as the weather gets better...!
    (We may even get snow tonight [​IMG])

5. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Trust me, you don't want to visit Oz at summertime.

It's 40+ degrees, you can't sleep at all due to the heat, you get the most horrendous sunburn. The only good thing to be honest is the beaches..... but there is this one called Glenelg near where I live and there is two metres of Seaweed before you get into the swimming part. You have to wade through it and with all the sea lice and stuff it's not a pleasant experience.

But I have to admit there's lots of good things about Australia too.

If you want to visit DON'T come to Adelaide! It's boring and the hottest city in the whole country. No big shoppng centres or anything big like Sydney.

Lol.

6. Farmer Brown

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I am thinking 40 degrees big deal ..... and then [​IMG] I remembered you are talking Celsius [​IMG]

Hi Kanat, I actually went to school in F-V. Small world! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by