Delaware Cockerels FS (PIC added post 22), (SOLD) Breeder Stock/N GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Aug 17, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have two 6-wk-old Delaware cockerels available. These are incredibly handsome, very friendly and personable, not the hatchery horrors we've seen lately. These are either McDaniel or Meier lines, if you know anything about breeders of quality heritage Dels. I'd like $5 each. Pickup/Cash Only. Near juncture of NC, GA and Tn. Here are some of them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey did those little guys ever turn out ! you love them don't you [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

YES! I do like these very much, Henry. Their personalities are very much like the Barred Rocks; no surprise since that is in their ancestry. I was just thinking about you! Missed you-are you home yet?

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I just got home last night the garden and hens are great I am probably adding 1 bbs ameraucana and 1 wellsummer or bc maran for some more color in the flock! How is everything with you ?

Henry

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Welcome back Henry! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Lots of stuff happening, Henry. Lost Ruby, Zane is still fighting his injury/infection, pretty much same old stuff that has happened to me all year long, grrrrr. So glad you're back!!! We'll have to hear all about your little farm experience.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    It was great killed chickens [​IMG] learned allot about draft horses, dairy, pork, butchering, veggies, beef, sheep, and even hearding dogs! and I have a full time paid position next summer! I am sorry about Ruby and hope zane start to recover more quickly soon!

Henry

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  8. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Where did you go to Henry, sorry speckledhen, I just had to ask this. (so sorry to hear about Zane, is he the one with injury on the neck and the wrong ointment?) Was it on some ranch, can girls go to learn all that there??
    Amber

9. speckledhen

Zane's sire, Hawkeye, died from what I thought was a reaction to a wound ointment. Since then, things have come to light and it's possible he just had a massive heart attack-the ointment may have been just a coincidence. Zane has an injured hock joint-there is a new thread called Zane's Progress Report. Hey, Amber, you need a Delaware cockerel! They are from incredible parentage!

10. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    You are sweet, but thankyou, I don't think i'd be able to move to a farm or outside the city limits any time soon... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by