1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Delaware or White leghorn

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hemsandchicks, Apr 17, 2016.

1. hemsandchicks

hemsandchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Hi there. I had posted recently about getting 3 Delaware chicks, supposed to be pullets. They are about 3 weeks and are completely white. They are atarting to get feathers and still no black. The place I got them had white leghorn available at the same time. I've been trying to search images online and am now suspicious. Looking for opinions before I contact the company I got them from. I also feel their combs are very noticeable early,which seems to be true to white leghorns.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. hemsandchicks

Jul 17, 2015
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hemsandchicks

Jul 17, 2015
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first pic is what the oldest 2 look like. This one here is a few days younger.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    They are not Delwares, I think they are either Leghorns or White Plymouth Rocks.

5. hemsandchicks

Jul 17, 2015
    Rhode Island
    I emailed the place I got them from ,and they are indeed leghorns. They were very nice about the mix up and will be replacing them for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by