Delaware roo X EE hen =

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shelleyb1969, Jul 1, 2010.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, she's cute! Here is one of Isaac's daughters with my blue barred EE, Riley.

[​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

Quote:Thanks Cyn! I really like her. She's going to go in my Olive Egger pen and be crossed with a blue wheaten Ameraucana. Should be very interesting. I'm trying to hatch some more like her, but alas...everything has been boys! [​IMG]

4. shelleyb1969

What an interesting color, Cynthia...quite pretty!!!! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

I like her looks much better than many Del crosses I've seen. And her poufy cheeks make her even prettier.

6. shelleyb1969

All of her brothers look just like her, but the boys never have the poofy faces like her. She's a real sweetheart, too.

7. speckledhen

We were rather shocked when she hatched out chocolate brown then developed this barring/lacing thing. I love your girl! Makes me more likely to hatch out more Del/EE or Ameraucana crosses.

8. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I call those my DelEEWare's .Mine you have to really look to see if they are my pure Dels or not..but all my crosses have the cheeks...makes them cuter [​IMG] We have had them hatch with rose combs and single combs but so far all have laid pretty green eggs.We have sold all but one from this years chicks Fluffy got to stay.Going to swap it for next year Del hens with my EE or Ameraucana boys

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Shelleyb- what a pretty little girl- that face is SO sweet. What color EE is the proud mama?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  10. shelleyb1969

Here's proud papa:
    [​IMG]

And proud mama (going through a bad molt):
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by