Delaware rooster

TLove99

Chirping
Apr 1, 2015
Central Virginia
I have a well behaved Delaware who hatched in April. He came from a farm in south central VA. I have two roosters and right now they get along great but I'm afraid I'm living on borrowed time. Everything I read says odds are one day there will be a melt down. I only have 8 hen too.
I've never heard him crow, my other rooster does all the crowing. He tries to mate with the hens but they won't have anything to do with him, I think because he is not the top dog in the hen house maybe?
He keeps a respectable distance from humans, unless you have treats then he is all up in your business following you all over the yard.
Anyone interested in giving this good boy his own home with a few girls of his own?

Wouldn't you know it, after saying I've never heard him crowing, I got out of my car today and heard two simultaneous crows coming from the chicken run. That was the first time I'd heard that. So, apparently he does know how to crow....

My boy here has now started having his way with some of the girls around the hen house and my other rooster isn't happy about it. No fighting, but he will run across the yard when he sees the Delaware on a hen and knock him off.
Doesn't anyone want to give this pretty boy a home?

Back
Top Bottom