Delaware? Silver laced rock? any ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buxton Ducks, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Buxton Ducks

Buxton Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Buxton, Maine
    I got 5 free chickens today! One black sex link, 2 red sex links, and these 2 big girls. What are they? The people who had them said they ordered six assorted egg lay layers and had no idea what any of their breeds were. They "stopped" laying and they were no longer interested in them. I will give them a life long home here and was just curious what breed they were. Any ideas what the bantam bird is cuddled up with them too, I got her this summer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I don't know about the new girls, but your bantam resembles my silver laced wyandotte.

3. ChickLuvr4Ever

ChickLuvr4Ever Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I don't really know what they are, but I'd guess that the big girls are Delawares. I don't know what your banty is.

They're all really adorable though and its wonderful that you gave them a home! [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Can you get a profile shot of one bird? From the pics, my guess is a poorer quality Delaware.

The bantam is silver laced.......I can't tell much more than that. Wyandotte? Sebright? Need a better pic, also.

5. Buxton Ducks

Buxton Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Buxton, Maine
    I will get better pics tomorrow when they are out and about. They are cute though aren't they?

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by