Delaware Trio @ 20 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Nov 24, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Jake is crowing now and I've seen him grab the girls by their head feathers a few times. They just scream and struggle, though Kira's comb and wattles have grown overnight. They are 20 weeks old on Thursday. We will be moving them to a larger coop as soon as we rework the other leg of the L-shaped shed that houses Suede's coop. So, here are Jake, Kira and Cassidy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Very Very pretty !

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    WOW Cyn! They are just lovely!!! [​IMG] I'm so glad your Dellies worked out for you! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Me, too, Stacey! They'll soon have a larger coop and run and it will be easier to tend to them plus they'll have lots of room. They'll have slightly over 58 sq ft, plenty of space to add about four more girls to Jake's harem. In the meantime, I think we'll put the two Welsummer ladies in with Jake so he wont overmate the Dellie girls and I can easily tell the eggs apart.

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow Cyn! [​IMG] Jake is very Handsome and the girls are Gorgeous! I need to take pics of your babies and the Dels I hatched! I can't wait until mine are around that age! Your grand chickies are the SWEETEST! I am so pleased with your Barred Rocks! They love to jump all over me! They think I am a walking treat! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  6. speckledhen

Lanissa, I am so happy you like the BR babies! You can see why they are my fav breed.

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    They are looking great!!!!!!!! I just love them.

8. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I WANT THEM!!!

9. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so pretty! I have a welsummer roo who is starting to grab the girls by the neck. He's just 16 weeks old and has been crowing for about 4 weeks already.

Is he just establishing his place or is he "in the mood?"

10. speckledhen

His hormones are driving him to mate or at least make those first sorry attempts, LOL. Jake is just now grabbing them. Although Kira's comb and wattles are really getting red now, she just struggles and screams. We are moving them into new, larger quarters as soon as the construction is done. I'm hoping to get them there before the first egg is laid. They are 20 weeks old today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by