Delawares and silver laced wyandottes to wv

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kryptoniteqhs, Nov 23, 2008.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I know most of you dont ship, but i need some Delaware hens and 1 rooster and some silver laced wyandotte hens. Does anyone have some near the eastern panhandle of wv or does anyone ship? Really really want some Delawares!! [​IMG]

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    How far would you travel to get some? Would you consider hatching eggs instead of grown birds? I'm down a little south of Nashville -- I have a Delaware roo I'd be more than happy to rehome (and maybe some of the girls, though I'd rather keep them till I move).

3. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I cant travel quite that far...would you ship them....im want some so badly and am getting quite anxious

4. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I could probably ship some eggs, but not the birds.

5. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    i dont have an incubator...and i really dont want to go through that....would you be able to ship even just one rooster and one hen or even just a hen....?? [​IMG]

6. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    No, sorry, I don't have the time to try to figure out how to ship a large bird right now. I wish you were closer... [​IMG]

7. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Have you looked in the Bulletin Board? they sell it at convenient stores all around the state.
    there have been several listings for chickens in it under Livestock

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

As you know, I'm hatching some Delawares on Saturday. But it's just tooooo cold to ship right now....for me anyways. Your best bet, if you're that anxious to get some, is to email a few hatcheries and find out when they expect to have them. You could probably get some from a hatchery in February.

9. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thanks, ya, everyone says they wont have anything till february....bad time to get the bug

10. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    Quote:I'll say. I keep seeing all the great birds on this forum and also just talking to folks about them til I want them and I want them NOW. You're just over in Martinsburg...I'll add you to my Folks Close By list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by