Delawares DIAL UP WARNING

walkswithdog

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
I warned you, the 2 week olds next post.

Sixweeksizzles010.jpg

Sixweeksizzles014.jpg

Sixweeksizzles024.jpg

Sixweeksizzles037.jpg

Sixweeksizzles041.jpg

Sixweeksizzles044.jpg

Sixweeksizzles045.jpg

Sixweeksizzles063.jpg

Sixweeksizzles066.jpg

Sixweeksizzles072.jpg

Sixweeksizzles077.jpg

Oh my goodness! The cuteness is way to much:D My kids are looking at the chicken pictures with me and my 5 yr old just said " We need to find out what kind of chickens those are because I want some just like those!"
They are way too cute!

I really love the delawares, I got my first eggs from a local breeder and I want more from seriousbill and shortcake here on BYC - who have awesome flocks.

The wee ones are from hatchery stock and I'm not certain they'll get as nice and big as the ones I got from the local breeder but I LOVE the breed.

They're looking good, Cher. The Dels are robust chicks, certainly. They were originally bred to be a good meat bird, so good ones from breeders are chunky babies! I love mine. Such personality! So, so, so much better than the hatchery stock I had at first.

I really like the size and growth of the ones from the breeder. The 2 week hatchery birds are slower but not bad compared to the other breeds I've raised from hatcheries.

I'd stick with breeder birds at this point exclusively but I really like comparing things first hand. I'm stubborn like that.

Yes, even the two week olds are pretty grown but I feed game starter to all my chicks like the meat breeders do. It's 28% and it costs more but wow they do grow quick on it.

And for five week olds those dels have truly awesome growth, feather and weight so I'm very pleased with them and can't wait to add the males from CYN and see where we go from here
smile.png
I already sent off all the males from the group in favor of Cyns better quality cockerals for the group.

I really like the breed, now to slowly fine tune things
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom