Delawares

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Booswalia, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Booswalia

Booswalia Songster

Totally new to chickens and just got my first girls. I need to show them off. I think they're so pretty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a White Rock because the guy who sold me them wouldn't part with another Delaware. She's a couple of weeks younger.

[​IMG]

2. Booswalia

Booswalia Songster

Well I like them.

3. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Patience grasshopper!

They are lovely, and great pics too!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lovely girls! I have a young flock of Delawares, all about 28 weeks old, except one older hen and one 7 week old pullet.

5. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    You have some nice looking hens!...I have a couple of Delawares, too and just love them...

Your pictures are great! [​IMG]

6. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Songster

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    very nice very nice you have a great looking flock and if you are really patient it will be worth your while because having a young flock can be furstrating just waiting but believe me its worth it my oldest chicken is a year old so believe me its worth it

7. Booswalia

Booswalia Songster

Thanks.
    I just went out to have a look at them and all of them are crammed into the one nest box in the coop. At first I thought one had gotten away. Just couldn't imagine how they all got in there.

I moved them all to the roost.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Was the guy a breeder or did he get his from the hatchery? Mine lay nice dark eggs.

9. Booswalia

Booswalia Songster

He is a breeder. He shows a lot of his chickens and wins quite often too.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    What kind of camera did you take those pictures with? Their very nice and clear with excellent coloring!

Congrats on the girls too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by