Delawares

act5860

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
Ridgeland, SC
Would like someone to point me in the right direction. Am planning to move to coastal South Carolina this coming summer and would like to raise Delawares starting the following spring. Want to learn as much as possible about them prior to the move.

TIA

Would like someone to point me in the right direction. Am planning to move to coastal South Carolina this coming summer and would like to raise Delawares starting the following spring. Want to learn as much as possible about them prior to the move.

TIA
frow.gif
Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
I live near Ft. Jackson Army Base. I have Delawares I love them .Some of the chickens in south carolina and other states also, had fowl poxs due to a warm winter, last summer some of us gave the fowl pox vaccine. You might want to think about that.

Interesting, I left there in Feb 61. I'd applied to Clemson but instead went to Ohio State in Columbus Ohio. I am sure that Delawares will do well in SC.

I have never vaccinated for pox here in MI but having heard of outbreaks I will vaccinate for everything this year, it just needs to be. My other livestock are vaccinated and the chickens are no less in need of protection.

I also hope to attend some shows this year so doubly need to vaccinate my own. Not that I am going to show this year. Unless its just exhibiting.

Back
Top Bottom