Delawegger Male, Friendly, 9 Wks/Must Rehome ASAP ~FREE!~P.U. in N. GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 10, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Need to rearrange some birds and Ranger is odd man out so must rehome this cutie-roo ASAP. He's a friendly sort of guy, heavily leaning toward the Delaware personality, so should make a wonderful rooster for your girls.

Ranger is from my Delaware rooster, Isaac, over my EE hen, June. He is pea combed so probably carries the blue egg gene; he has a tiny hint of a beard and muffs. He would be either a unique EE rooster for your girls or great for creating a pea combed Delaware lookalike since he has nice yellow legs. Tail feathers are solid black, except that we just found he has one single red feather coming into his tail.

Ranger has been raised as a single chick by a broody hen has stopped mothering him and is now laying again. He was hatched May 13 and lives in the coop with the older hens, so would like to find him a home ASAP.

Pickup only at our home in Fannin County, GA, near the juncture of GA/NC/TN. Will not ship, way too hot.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    If you were on the FL/GA border I would get him in a minute! He would go so great with my Del hens. He is too precious! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wish you were closer, too! I'm at the very top of the state. He is super sweet and sure knows how to free range since he's been doing it his entire life with mama. Hopefully, someone within driving distance will fall in love with Ranger. [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That boy is such a cutie pie. I sure love Junebug and what great personalities these birds have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by