Delayed shipment from Cackle

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MyShunshyn, Apr 22, 2011.

1. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    [​IMG] we were all excited....our chicks were supposed to ship on Monday the 25th, I got a call today from Cackle and they won't have all of my chicks to ship on Monday so we have to wait til Wednesday. UGH! Now we have to wait LONGER WAHHHHHHH!

OK all better now.... Just had to vent [​IMG]

2. Longtail Phoenix

Longtail Phoenix New Egg

Apr 20, 2011
    i have not had good luck with cackle in the past eather, i probably wont by from them again.

3. Tat2d

Tat2d Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Conroe Texas
    That sucks, what kind of birds did you order if I may ask? I have some replacement chicks getting shipped from them on monday but they are an assortment so no idea what I will get.

4. MyShunshyn

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    5 RIR, 5BR, and 5 EE

5. Squishypuff

Squishypuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Kernersville, NC
    That stinks! I got my order from them back at the start of the month, and mine actually came a day early. I wonder if the EE were the reason for the delay- when I talked on the phone with Cackle, they told me to drop the EE's and I'd get my shipment months earlier.

6. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    Interesting about the EE's and Cackle. I ordered from ChickensforBackyards.com and I'm pretty sure they are using Cackle for my order. I only ordered one EE but CFB.com hasn't even been able to confirm a ship date yet! Now seeing these delays with Cackle Im even more convinced they are using the same hatchery. I ordered three weeks ago and they still have no idea when it will ship?!

I will call them Monday and maybe if I drop the EE and get another Brahma I will get it sooner. Thanks for the tip! [​IMG]

7. MyShunshyn

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    Interesting about the EEs The woman who called didn't say why, just that the shipment was delayed til Wednesday.

8. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    this worries me...supposed to have an order ship out on wednesday with some bantam ee...hope they aren't delayed...really anxious to get these guys.

9. MyShunshyn

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    Well I don't think that there is anything to worry about, they were nice enough to call in advance and were very apologetic, it is just that we were all excited for a Monday shipment.

10. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I have had good service from them. If I remember right they may have been hit by the snow storm. That may account for part of the delay. I know a couple of the Lt. Brahmas I got off of them went to show and placed.(after I sold them)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by