1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

delete please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by birdbrain2, Feb 23, 2009.

1. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    i bought a 250 watt light (red) at farm supply. i am into my 3rd week with it and i just noticed its no longer red. i wonder if mine was defected or just cheap. i haven't found any other place to get them. i think i remember seeing some at pets mart but they were pretty small, anybody use these? or have ideas where to look? home depot only had the 150 watt white light. i could probably go with a 150 watt red light by now.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. allisojo

allisojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2008
    Nuevo Mexico
    I'm in Albuquerque (but lived in Belleville about 10 years ago for a few years), and I saw the 250-watt red heat lamps at Lowe's and Home Depot at the beginning of the winter - about ten bucks each I think. They both ran out pretty quickly; so, I bought mine at a True Value hardware store six weeks ago and it's going great - definitely still red. Sounds like you got a defective lamp. You could call Cape Electric if it's still around (used to be Belleville Electric Supply) and see if they carry them. If they don't, they might know who does.

3. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    great i will try that thanks!!
    wow, from belleville to new mexico, thats a big change [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by