<deleted>

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Fowlman4, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fowlman4

Fowlman4 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    << posting removed >>

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    $75 each for cockrels and $40 for a mix?? [​IMG] I wouldn't think that cockrels would go that high individually.

3. Fowlman4

Jun 24, 2008
    <posting removed>

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Quote:Really? You find that expensive? Try this then:

http://eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1210217348

And to clarify for you warhorse, "$75 for cockerels and $40 for a mix" is not accurate. Please re-read my posting. It specifies $75 for Black Copper-colored cockerels and $40 for Black Copper/Cuckoo-colored cross cockerels. The word "cross" refers to their color lines, not their breed purity. All of the cockerels are pure Marans, and the Black Copper/Cuckoo crossed are a bargain for anyone who's looking for dark egg genes and doesn't care about purity of color lines.

I do appreciate the opportunity your question gave me to clarify that.

David

I can't see what that link is you posted, but I have seen alot of things on eggbid recently that are overpriced. At least with a batch of chicks or eggs, you get more than just one roo. And, whether you care to use the term "cross" or "mix" it is still not a pure variety and not something I would choose to use in breeding. I have Presley and Davis line black coppers as well and I will likely place the extra roos for free or sell them as pairs for less than what you are asking for your cockrels. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it. [​IMG]

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    You dont have to buy at that price,if a person wants to sell at that price its none of our nevermind.
    If a person buys chickens before researching price then its on them.

6. Fowlman4

Jun 24, 2008
    Quote:Very well said, Peggy. What gets me is that a person who is selling a horse for FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS has the gall to chastise someone for selling a chicken for forty dollars. At least you can eat the chicken!

So I deleted the posting. I'd rather eat the cockerels than deal with self-righteous haters.

7. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Uh, $5000 for a horse isn't necessarily all that high. It depends on the breed, the training level of the horse, whether it is a show winner or a show prospect, a prospect for breeding, etc.

8. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    This isnt a thread to discuss pricing, if you dont agree dont buy the item and dont bicker.
    There are over 22,000 people on here and someone gave their opinion and not everyone may share it. I think the op should repost his birds. If the price is too high, they wont sell.
    But it isnt our job to judge the cost of things in the BST Forum. People pay over $1200 for Silkies, who know what folks are willing to pay. People want to BST things, not get flamed in the process and be afraid to post.

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:agreed [​IMG]

10. rnau

rnau Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Piedmont Al
    I also agree. I don't want anyone upsetbut the value of anything is what one person will give and another will take.

Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by