1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Deleted

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Domestic_goddess, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Edited: Deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Just for info:

The "yolk" is the yellow part on an egg. A "yoke" is something oxen are hitched to and which seem to break all the time on the "Oregon Trail" game...

Anyway, it is possible to have them hatch, but highly unlikely. There is a video on youtube of a woman on this site who had twins hatch.

3. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Edited: Deleted....I do not appreciate rude responces.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Wow. Many people do not know the difference between the two. I was only attempting to help you learn the correct terminology. Now that you know it, it won't be hounded on again.

Hopefully someone else can help you as I no longer feel the need.

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I saw a video once where a member successfully hatched out a double yolker. She had to help, but both chicks survived. It isn't recommended however. Without help, it's unlikely the chicks can get turned correctly to pip and zip.

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I have had 2 fully developed turkeys in one egg, but they died before hatching.

There was an article in our newspaper a while back saying someone had a hen that set five eggs and hatched 10 chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by