1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Deleting Uploaded pictures

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ozark hen, May 17, 2008.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Ok, I see there is a limit as to how many photos to upload...does that mean I have to delete them for space in the "album" place or if deleting them do I delete from the actual post in the thread??? thanks in advance.

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    When you delete from the album you delete it from the thread. If you need room for a lot of photos use photobucket or a similar web photo hosting site.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, what she said. [​IMG]

I really wish we could offer 1,000 megs of image storage, but there's no way for BYC to compete with the big image hosting guys, and we're not even going to try.

The BYC image hosting was setup to be a quick and easy place to upload images without having to leave BYC or to open up an account at photobucket. With that said, as people become addicted to chickens and BYC (not if, but when) they may be better off opening a photobucket account.

Also, it is important to know that if you delete images posted on BYC then they are gone forever, and if you've posted them in any forums they will be missing from the posts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by