1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Delicious eggs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by pierce652, Jul 14, 2008.

1. pierce652

pierce652 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    I made breakfast this morning...two fried eggs with toasted russian rye bread. This was really the first time since getting the chickens that I tasted the greatness of these eggs. I fried them plain but they tasted as if they were perfectly seasoned with herbs and had the richest most wonderful flavor. It makes it all worth while.

My wife absolutely loves them and keeps the girls working hard at production.

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG]

3. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I had my first egg produced by my girls yesterday. I was astounded by the quality. The egg sat up like it was floating on air. The yolk was more orange than yellow. According to grandma, that was a sign of quality. It was an outstanding egg. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, they are amazing, aren't they!! [​IMG] I have never been much of an egg person....they were an ingredient, NOT a stand alone food. I now find myself staring at the fridge at random times of the day thinking "it couldn't hurt for me to cook myself one little egg right now". [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by