Delivered today .. Feeding question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chadpoke75, Jan 30, 2014.

1. chadpoke75

chadpoke75 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    Fort worth
    How much do I feed them ? [​IMG]

2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Just give them their feeder full of chick starter and let them eat what they want. Chicks grow really fast, they need a lot of nutrition and should have food, chick starter, available at all times.

Edited to add: Just have to say how jealous I am! I love nothing more then getting a box of new chicks to install in my brooder lol!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. denco5

denco5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Ocoee Florida
    Where did you order from and where did you ship them to? Did the cold weather affect any of them during the shipping? dID THEY ALL MAKE IT ok?

4. chadpoke75

Jan 27, 2014
    Fort worth
    I ordered from Ideal poultry in Cameron Texas . I ordered 10 and they put in an extra 8 for warmth and comfort .. They shipped yesterday , so I called first thing to see if they were there and they were so I ran down to get them put heat on high it was still in the 30's . I got them home. dunk there heads in water and they are happy under the heat lamp .. They all look good .. I'm very happy with this order .. They all were eating well and found the water ..

5. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Kansas
    all my birds chicks to adults have food avaiable 24/7 and they do well dont seem to over eat

6. chadpoke75

Jan 27, 2014
    Fort worth
    Thanks , I wasn't quite sure with the little ones , I'll keep them full [​IMG]

7. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Kansas
    the only chicks that people ever usually restrict food is with the cornish cross meat birds to control their growth but all other breeds can have as much as they want

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by