Delivery!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bonquiqui, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Bonquiqui

Bonquiqui Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2012
    This journey has been full of so many surprises, but today I think was the mot exciting of all! I came home and, of course, first thing I did was check on my babies! To my surprise and great joy there where two new chicks along with the other 4 in a plastic tote even bigger than the one we had before! My mom called the Farmers Exchange today claiming she "had a funny feeling" that they would have a few extra from the Wednesday, March 21 2012 batch and to her joy there was!

She went to find that 5 Easter-Eggs had been left over from the batch and they had to get rid of them. She says that she felt bad only taking the two, but we couldn't handle 9 full sized chickens in our nice, but not the most luxurious coop in the world! So she went picked out the two bought a bigger tote and surprised me greatly when I arrived home. There is conflict about their names... My mom origionally said Bonnie and Connie which I thought was absolutely ADORABLE! But of course my younger sister can't deal and has to put up a fight! i will write more later...

Until Then,
    Connor

2. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Congratulations and [​IMG]
    Easter Eggers are the best, especially the muffed and bearded ones with all of their face floof!

3. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congratulations and welcome to BYC. I really like EE's too. I currently have an adult flock of 27 assorted breeds and 7 of them are EE's. I am getting more chicks in less than 2 weeks and 3 or 4 of these will be EE's. The green eggs are very popular with my egg customers.

4. Bonquiqui

Bonquiqui Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2012
    That's a big flock! I have 6... but hope to upgrade... nice to here those good things! Great to hear from an EE owner! Keep me posted on you flock!

Connor

5. featheredroots

featheredroots Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Madisonville, KY
    Congratulations! EE's are sweet and beautiful....enjoy your new girls.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by