1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DELMARVA Peninsula - Meeting on Monday Night (2/23)!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by BethESH, Feb 20, 2009.

1. BethESH

BethESH Chillin' With My Peeps

Just an FYI -

I stopped in the Farmers and Planters Store in Salisbury the other day and one of the wonderful ladies who works there handed me a flyer. Turns out that there's a "Small Flock Meeting" on Monday night (February 23rd) at the Wicomico Library in Pittsville from 6:00 - 7:30.

Topics include:
    Incubation & Brooding
    Poultry Nutrition
    Biosecurity
    Footbaths

It is open to all small flock owners and poultry enthusiasts...adults and youth groups are welcome.

It says you need to RSVP as space is limited to 15 people. RSVP to Jessica at 410-742-1178, ext. 307.

2. oldchickenman

oldchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Parsonsburg Md.
    realy now i will be there sounds cool. thanks fort he post.

3. BethESH

Hey Brad!

Thanks again for letting me come out to check out your place. (Did you notice that I left ALL the babies there!?!?! I didn't try to sneak even one with me!!!) [​IMG]

It turns out that the meeting tonight is full - I got a call back from Jessica (the one doing the registrations). She said she'd call me if a space opened up...grr...she also told me that she'll let me know if they do any more meetings in our area...double grr...[​IMG]

Told my wonderful man about your place...I think he's scared now!!! I'm really excited about getting my stuff set up!!!!

Have a great day!

Beth

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Hey a little more warning I would like to come learn how to raise a small flock, or how to get down to a small flock. [​IMG]

5. oldchickenman

oldchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Parsonsburg Md.
    hey bring your man over with ya and we will sit down and have beer and talk chickens.

6. BethESH

Sounds good...how about a bonfire???

7. BethESH

Quote:I can give you help with getting down to a small flock...I have a terrific recipe for chicken and dumplings!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I'll provide the chicken if youll make the dumplings, I could even supply you with the live chicken if you want to really start from scratch. [​IMG]

I will get 9 back ready for the freezer tommorrow. [​IMG]

9. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Oh IF I only had a man I would be there. [​IMG]

10. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Maybe we should have our very own meeting somewhere- when it gets a little warmer..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by