Delmarva Poultry Show 2011

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by chicken_boy_Kurt, Jan 11, 2011.

1. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Yeah, I'm already thinking about it. I have scoured the web for information, but can't find much. What date is it? Anyone planning on going?

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
  3. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Hello my black cochin buddy(ie your former cochins that are working on self blues) I took the liberty of emailing you the premium.
    I dont know that we will show(we suddenly have a few less chickens due to hungry predators), but the kids would like to go for showmanship.

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Plan on going and already reserved our room. Suprised that there were only two rooms left after we booked ours! Hopefully my birds will be in nice condition in March still!

5. chickenboy21

chickenboy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    im going for sure also reserved a room [​IMG]

6. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:Plan on going and already reserved our room. Suprised that there were only two rooms left after we booked ours! Hopefully my birds will be in nice condition in March still!

That is because it is an ABA semi and also will have the meet to accept Serama as a breed & color.

7. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008

Oh crap... maybe I'll just have to go for showmanship...

8. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    We will be there with White Seramas, Rosecombs, Cochins, Silkies and Calls. [​IMG] Cant wait!

9. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Bumping this up--it's only just a bit over a month away--and entries must be postmarked by February 19th. [​IMG] I'll be there with Dutch, at least 10 of 'em. Plus some Polish if they are in ok condition at that point (not holding my breath on that one--those little stinkers are so good at messing up those crests, and I just haven't had the time to really fuss with them & keep them neater. * sigh *).

Briarpatchfarms, that's quite a drive you guys will have! I can't wait 'till my Calls start breeding/laying...maybe by next year I'll be able to bring ducks along to the shows with the rest of my "crew."

10. joycenjohnb

joycenjohnb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    Pittsville, MD
    I am new to this and have never been to a show. I intend on going to Harrington but wanted to get the dates right. This thread says Mar 4 & 5 which is Friday and Saturday and the Delmarva poultry fanciers say Mar 5 and 6 which is Saturday and Sunday. Anyone know which is correct?

I was also wondering if they sell birds there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by