Delware roosters in PA Updated With pics SOLD 1 OTHER GONE!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lds_horselover2005, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lds_horselover2005

lds_horselover2005 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    Hello everyone!

I have 2 delaware roosters I need to get rid of. If I can't sell them here I am going to either take them to auction or they may become dinner. I asked $10 for each of them before but I think I may ask $6 now. They are georgous. You need to pick up! Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. lds_horselover2005

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    Nobody wants them!!! That is sooo sad:( They are soo pretty I have one that I want to keep and all three of them together isn't very good for they hens. I think it drives the hens crazy...lol

3. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Do you have pics?[​IMG]

4. lds_horselover2005

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    [​IMG]
    This is the nice rooster. He has a striped tail

[​IMG]
    This one can be a handful but he is sooooo pretty.

Thanks for looking!

5. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Where at in PA?

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Where is the auction??

I promise not to buy your roos, but I am aqlways looking for auctions in the area

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Did you hatch these boys? Are you sure that second one is a Delaware? The roosters of that breed should all have barred tails and hackles like the first pic. Just wondering. They are nice looking boys. I have a couple of Delaware cockerels I need to sell, too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. lds_horselover2005

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    I bought the eggs off of ebay from a person who says the run a pure bred flock. I hatched them myself after buying the eggs. All of the hens have black tails. The other rooster that is not pictured has a tail that is black but you can see the stripes. I don't know. I have never had delawares before I hatched these so I don't know too much about them.

I live in Shrewsbury, PA near exit 4 on I-83. I live near the Mason Dixon line.

The auctions that I have thought about taking them to Root's Auction in East Petersburg, Pa or the Westminster Auction in Maryland. If you are looking for something cheap to buy go to Roots. If you are looking for a good selling price for you chickens or whatever you have go to Westminster.

Thanks!

Sam

9. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    Do you still have either of these boys?? I have 2 hens that I may try breeding... I am in Chester County.

10. lds_horselover2005

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    Yes I still have both the roosters. I have a couple people that seem interested but nobody said they want one yet. I hope I don't have to take them to auction.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by