Denagard dosage for chickens.

Maddymaefarms

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2020
Does anyone know the direct oral dose for chickens. Not diluted in water but direct down the throat.

Maddymaefarms

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2020
I really appreciate that but I still can’t find direct oral dosage. All I see is in water dosage

lynx04

Chirping
Nov 16, 2015
San Diego, CA USA
I really appreciate that but I still can’t find direct oral dosage. All I see is in water dosage
The direct oral dosage is 12.5 mg per kg. of the weight of the bird. But my understanding is that it's so nasty-tasting for them that they will throw it up if you give it to them directly. You might want to dilute it with some apple juice before giving it to them. Although, usually the chickens are dehydrated so I've found that giving them the water along with the medicine makes them feel a whole lot better a whole lot sooner.

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida
The direct oral dosage is 12.5 mg per kg. of the weight of the bird. But my understanding is that it's so nasty-tasting for them that they will throw it up if you give it to them directly. You might want to dilute it with some apple juice before giving it to them. Although, usually the chickens are dehydrated so I've found that giving them the water along with the medicine makes them feel a whole lot better a whole lot sooner.
There is NO direct oral dosage for Tiamulin. That is misinformation. It is concentrated and must be mixed in water per instructions.

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida

Top Bottom