Denagard for sneezing?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by top of the hill, Aug 15, 2011.

1. top of the hill

top of the hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Connecticut
    Hi all!
    for a couple months I have noticed my ladies letting out an occational sneeze, I shrugged it off not thinking much of it at first but now I am starting to pay more attention. I'm not sure if its allergies or something more. We use pine shavings as litter and have plenty of coop ventilation plus leave them out in the run all day.

I have been reading into using Denagard (see link) for disease prevention once a month. Has anyone had any experience with this or is a sneeze nothing to worry about?

http://www.qcsupply.com/denagard-liquid-concentrate-novartis.html?gclid=CNaprdDsrKgCFRRigwodMD43HA

Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I have a sneezy girl. I think she may just have something stuck in her nose or I need to put her on an inhaler [​IMG]. Are their noses runny? I am also interested in what answer you are given so I hope someone posts soon!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:If you're absolutely sure that it's not an environmental problem such a dust from feed , ammonia fumes from bedding, pollen, pesticides on lawn, smoke etc...denagard would be your best bet. There is no resistance to it, no withdrawl period. I've read alot of good things about it. No resistance to it alone would be worth its weight in gold IMO. Other antibiotics such as duramycin, tylan and baytril would eventually lose its effectiveness due to bacterial resistance over time. Here's another link to denagard:
    http://www.denagard.com/pig-poultry-public/en/index.shtml

4. top of the hill

top of the hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Connecticut
    Thanks Dawg53,

No, I am not absolutley sure its not environmental. I have noticed alot of dust kicking up from the bedding and pollen count in the area has been high. They otherwise seem healthy, so perhaps I will wait and do a little more digging into the sneezing source. it may just be that i need to change out the bedding sooner than expected.

Thanks again!

Quote:If you're absolutely sure that it's not an environmental problem such a dust from feed , ammonia fumes from bedding, pollen, pesticides on lawn, smoke etc...denagard would be your best bet. There is no resistance to it, no withdrawl period. I've read alot of good things about it. No resistance to it alone would be worth its weight in gold IMO. Other antibiotics such as duramycin, tylan and baytril would eventually lose its effectiveness due to bacterial resistance over time. Here's another link to denagard:
    http://www.denagard.com/pig-poultry-public/en/index.shtml

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by