Denagard is On the Way

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by doublejfarm, Jul 26, 2011.

1. doublejfarm

doublejfarm In the Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Modoc, SC
    My poor roo won't row anymore. Poor guy just hacks and coughs. I think its COD. I hear Denagard is good stuff. Hope it works. Nothing else has. Could COD be why he isn't crowing. I love to hear him. It makes me happy!!

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Crowing

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I am not sure what is wrong with your roo. Please before any med ck with the agr. dept in your area for someone to ck your flock. You can't treat what you do not know. Den. is for MS I am not sure if it will help with anything else. Gloria Jean

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Crowing

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
  4. doublejfarm

Jun 6, 2011
    Modoc, SC
    Actually from my research on this forum it is for respiratory ailments in general. I read a lot and I hope I get the kind of results that I have read about. The only thing I forsee as a problem is that some say that it tastes bad and their birds wont drink it. But I keep ACV in their water so they are used to weird tasting water.

5. SilkieCanada

SilkieCanada Songster

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    Quote:I read lots of amazing things about denagard. Please keep us posted!! You have the dosage? 16ml / gallon for treatment. 8ml/gallon for preventative.

6. doublejfarm

Jun 6, 2011
    Modoc, SC
    Ok well it should be here first of the week. On a good note, I got to hear macaroni (that's my roo) crow this morning. He and my hens still cough a lot but he was crowing this morning. Every time the roo across the way (through the woods a little ways) would crow, macaroni would answer him as if not to be out done.

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Dont add ACV to the water while it is mixed with denagard. If your chickens wont drink it, add some karo syrup to sweeten it abit. When they get thirsty enough, especially if it's hot...they'll drink it.

8. SilkieCanada

SilkieCanada Songster

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    Mine drink it like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully you wont have to add stuff. I read some peoples birds wont touch it after you put denagard in the water.

9. doublejfarm

Jun 6, 2011
    Modoc, SC
    Yeah thanks. That's what I was planning on... I was always told to not mix anything but meds in medicated water.

10. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My birds didn't like it in their water, I would make them a mash by wetting a pan of their layer pellets with Denagard-treated water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by