Denizli Longcrowers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by vetgirl00us, Jan 24, 2011.

1. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I bought some eggs from Ebay- they came from Florida. I just candled and 6 out of 7 are fertile at 4 days incubation. Very excited! I hope these are legit. I msgd the seller and they said their avg crow time of the roos in their flock is 10-12 seconds. Hope they all hatch and I get at least a roo or two!

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Good luck on a roo,me i would go nuts with a long crower.

3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I just followed a link on this site to a Youtube clip of one of these bad boys. He crowed for 30 seconds!
    I thought he was going to choke and collapse he went on so long. I'd never heard of them till today...
    Good luck with your hatch, I hope it all goes well!

Edit: P.S. This is the only post I've seen where people actually WANT to hatch out roos. LOL!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:I was just thinking, wouldn't it suck if they got all hens in this hatch!?

5. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    Funny things....when I need pullets, I hatch roos. Like in the case of seramas you'll get 95% roos to pullets if you use an incubator and not a broody and with my large fowl Jerseys, I wanted one roo and got all pullets until the second set of eggs I bought, I got ONE roo lol.

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    The longcrower hens don't hav a long egg song or something?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by