Denna they are here!! serama pics

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by apbgv, Mar 4, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    The PO called me at 4 pm today and said my chickens were in yipee!! I was down there in about 10 minutes. All doing fine and talking. I love em the boy is just gorgeous
    here are few pics not the greatest but I will get better ones after they settle in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are in their temp enclosure til this wknd when I finish their condo:D

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous! Can't wait for more pics! [​IMG]

3. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    These chicks look about one month old? Who sells chicks this age without being debeaked?
    Brian

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    These are a quad of seramas that I just got from fdnick(Denna) I forgot to ask her how old they are I am sure she will let me know:) i believe they are young adults. The cats are finding them interesting as they only get to see the chickens outside. They are adjusting well waiting to hear the boy crow:)

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Neat!
    I love the speckled one!

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Debeaked? No one should debeak their birds. The only times birds ARE debeaked usually is if they are used for eggs or meat and kept in small, overcrowded pens so that they don't peck each other.

7. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    Quote:Debeaked? No one should debeak their birds. The only times birds ARE debeaked usually is if they are used for eggs or meat and kept in small, overcrowded pens so that they don't peck each other.

Agreed, but, most hatcheries that sell pullets that are already 17 weeks old, will come with their upper beak snipped. I guess they don't like having to worry about pecking.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    These birds are from a BYC breeder not a hatchery Brian.

9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    They are 3 months old not one month and I NEVER de-beak ANYTHING!! Glad they made it okay and you like them :O)
    Denna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by