denver chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cimarron, Apr 11, 2009.

1. cimarron

cimarron Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Central Tejas
    hello,

my niece is getting on the chicken bandwagon! she lives south of denver, co. can anyone recommend where to get chicks in that area? she's doing her research now before she gets rolling this summer. thanks.

2. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
  3. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I would get in touch with Aimee Ayers at On Manifested Wings. Here's her website http://www.manifestedwings.com/ She lives out near Byers, but works in Denver. I've gotten a number of birds from her and they're very good quality. She's constantly hatching new chicks!

I may have ameraucanas in about a week depending on how my hatch goes.

Woodland Feed in Deer Trail has chicks right now. Wendy is the owner, her phone number is 303-769-4888.

Sonja

4. cimarron

Oct 25, 2008
    Central Tejas
    thanks, y'all for the denver contacts!

5. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I live up in Lochbuie, one exit north of Brighton on I-76, I got mine at a store in Brighton called The Mercantile on Bridge Street. There is also another feed store in Brighton that carries chicks but, for the life of me, I can't remember what it is called. The Mercantile had/has Ameracauna pullets for $4.99 each and Bantam Black Mottled D'Uccle straight run for $6.99 each. They had just run out of Jersey Giants and I can't remember the last breed that they had. They get shipments 1-2 times per week and do not always get the same breeds.

Address:
    2350 E Bridge Street
    Brighton, CO 80601

Hours:
    Mon. - Fri. - 7:30 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.
    Sat. - 7:30 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.
    Sun - 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M

I bought 2 ameracauna's and 2 D'Uccle's. The ameracauna's seem very sweet and maybe even people friendly and the D'uccles are a lot more shy but are warming up to me rather quickly (there were fewer of them so they may have been more hand-shy seeing all their buddies leave).

6. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I agree with getting in touch with Aimee. She is awesome. She raised 3 Buff orpingtons for me. Two she hatched and 1 hatchery chick. The difference between her chicks and the hatchery chick is astounding even though they are all the same age. The ones she hatched have richer color and better feathering than the hatchery chick. All three came to me fat and healthy. She raised them till the were fully feathered for me and then delivered them to me in Arvada even though she lives and hour and a half east of me. She is great to work and a total sweetie.

7. mylilchix

I agree, Aimee is awesome!! I've gotten 13 birds from her so far, and they've been very healthy. We live up in Conifer, and she's met me all over so I can get my chicks. The younger birds I've gotten have been staright runs, and she's told me she'll take the roos back if I don't want them. They chicks bigger and better quality than my hatchery birds. She even hatched only 2 Hat Trick silkies out of a dozen, and was kind enough to sell them to me because she knew how much I wanted them. Aimee gets birds from smaller breeders, so they're wonderful. Her prices are reasonable for the birds too. I'll pay $5 for chicks and $7 for started birds. Please call her!!

Sonja

8. cimarron

Oct 25, 2008
    Central Tejas
    hi,
    I'm cimmaron's neice, I will make sure to call Aimee, thank you for recommending her. I looked on Woodland Feed, but their website is down so I'll call them in a few days. Does anyone have Delawares, EEs, or RIRs? I'd love to get them day olds.

9. mylilchix

I can PM you after the 20th. I have ameraucana eggs in the incubator, but I'm not counting chicks until they hatch. [​IMG] lol

On Aimee's website she has birds listed for Woodland Feed. She sells some of her birds there. Woodland Feed in Deer Trail is a fun place to visit if you have the time. It's a bit of a drive, but Wendy has some cool animals there. It's a mini peting zoo. I can't get my kids to leave!!!!

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by