Department Store and the Inflated price of Underwear

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I went to Kohl's the other day. I really wanted a few pair of Jockey undies. I noticed that the sizes 7 and under (3 pak) was $19.50, and size 8 and over were marked $22.50!!!! I have never in my life seen that before where a larger size cost more! Of course I needed the size 8. I questioned the cashier . She called the manager. The manager told her to ring them up for the lower price.

I tend to open my mouth when I feel a gross unfairness. I don't see that bit of extra material worth $3.00. The whole store is filled with S, M, L with the same prices marked. I can understand bigger diamonds costing more, but Jockey UNDERWEAR????? I should be penalized for needing a size 8 instead of a size 7???? I wonder if Large and small underwear in the men's department are priced differently? I forgot to check.

It seems as if bigger people always get the short shift. My waist is 46 inches and my leg length is 26 inches. It is almost impossible to find pants that fit. When I do find a pair, the legs are just cut off and the crotch is between my knees. I usually end up taking them into the local tailor and he re makes them. It is a really expensive proposition.

Shoes are worse. I wear a size 9 and half triple E. Yes, I can find shoes marked that way, but when I hold them up to other shoes the welt or sole is the same size as all of the other shoes. The only thing changed is the label. They are all made in China now, and those people probably don't even know what those notations mean.

We used to buy my shoes in Mexico because they seemed to have real leather shoes made for wide feet. In Mexico my size is 28 y buen ancho.

Unfortunately, it seems as if the Canada shoe company of Mexico just carries Chinese shoes now. Their big factory in Guadalajara is closed.

However, there is a shoe company from San Antonio, Texas that makes real wide, comfortable shoes for diabetics. They are sort of ugly, but they are comfortable and last forever. I love them.

It seems as if bigger people always get the short shift. My waist is 46 inches and my leg length is 26 inches. It is almost impossible to find pants that fit. When I do find a pair, the legs are just cut off and the crotch is between my knees. I usually end up taking them into the local tailor and he re makes them. It is a really expensive proposition.

Shoes are worse. I wear a size 9 and half triple E. Yes, I can find shoes marked that way, but when I hold them up to other shoes the welt or sole is the same size as all of the other shoes. The only thing changed is the label. They are all made in China now, and those people probably don't even know what those notations mean.

We used to buy my shoes in Mexico because they seemed to have real leather shoes made for wide feet. In Mexico my size is 28 y buen ancho.

Unfortunately, it seems as if the Canada shoe company of Mexico just carries Chinese shoes now. Their big factory in Guadalajara is closed.

However, there is a shoe company from San Antonio, Texas that makes real wide, comfortable shoes for diabetics. They are sort of ugly, but they are comfortable and last forever. I love them.

Are you talking about SAS shoes? if you are I didn't know they make diabetic shoes... If it's a different company look up SAS and it's 100% American made and make wide widths and the shoes are made real good....

You got it right. I was afraid to mention the brand name because that might be a big no no on this website. Ever since I started buying my shoes there, I have not had an infected toe or foot. They are the most comfortable and well fitting shoes I have ever had.

You got it right. I was afraid to mention the brand name because that might be a big no no on this website. Ever since I started buying my shoes there, I have not had an infected toe or foot. They are the most comfortable and well fitting shoes I have ever had.

BYC has no problem as far as I know if someone is telling of or asking about a product, from what I see it is if you try to sell something, esp. in a spamming way they have a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom