Depluming mites?!?

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
I've now treated with ivermectin once and permethrin dusted the birds once along with spraying down the entire coop. I thought red mites. But now am thinking depluming. I have multiple birds with missing feathers, broken feathers and bald spots. What's odd is that one of my 2 roosters who has not been in contact with the girls in months is also losing feathers.
I have checked for mites and thought I saw some on one of the birds, but gave since seen nothing other than discolored skin. Any help would be appreciated.
The last bird pictured is the one in the worst shape.
IMG_20220824_171642909.jpg
IMG_20220824_171636660.jpg
IMG_20220824_171629826_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220824_171625352_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220824_171615621.jpg

Looks like worn, broken, shaggy feathers and bald spots from mating, maybe some picking.

Feathers like that won't be replaced until the birds molt - no matter what kind or type of treatment you administer. You'll just have to wait it out.

You've already treated your birds with Ivermectin, so this would take care of depluming mites.

Rooster losing feathers - look for pin feathers coming in, he may already be starting to molt.

Looks like worn, broken, shaggy feathers and bald spots from mating, maybe some picking.

Feathers like that won't be replaced until the birds molt - no matter what kind or type of treatment you administer. You'll just have to wait it out.

You've already treated your birds with Ivermectin, so this would take care of depluming mites.

Rooster losing feathers - look for pin feathers coming in, he may already be starting to molt.
The roos are separate so the feather damage isn't from mating. Is there anything else that can cause that kind of feather damage? They also have tapeworms again 🤦
Every time I fix one problem, a new one comes along 😞

Back
Top Bottom