Depressed Naked Neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tulilynx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tulilynx

tulilynx Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    My naked neck chicken is 3 months old,he's a young cockerel.He has recently gone into depression,with his head retracted,his growth pretty much stunted,and his back in the shape of a hunch.His wattle is pale and the skin on his body is pale.The wings are droopy.He seems to have difficulty standing and walking.When he does stands up his feet seem to be situated a bit forwards than most chickens.All he does is just stand all day hunched,with legs a bit spread outwards.His eyes seem to close frequently,specially the right one,and sometimes he seems to be breathing very fast.When he sits he sits on his hocks,with the claws forwards and sometimes in the air(its not Marek's).He sometimes takes steps in reverse or spins a little when trying to walk(unsteady steps).I've been adding terramycin regularly in the water,and the chick seems to be interested in drinking it and the feed I've made for it including corn,prawn,sesame seeds.I also add vitamin A and D supplements in the water.Nothing seems to be helping.I have a normal female pullet and a silver naked neck wyandotte living with this one and they seem fine.What I see is a foot physical problem mixed with a diesease.Please help asap.Thnx.I'l put pictures soon of the cockerel.

2. tulilynx

tulilynx Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by