Deputies refuse to evict 103 year old woman

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Nov 30, 2011.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think that once a person reaches a certain age *cough80cough* they are entitled.

3. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Chances are the bank would keep the property until the housing market was better before they tried to sell. Could remain vacant for months, even years. She's 104 and her daughter is 83. I think they should bite the bullet and show some holiday spirit and let these women remain there. They couldn't have too many more years left.

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    I am against discriminating because of age.. whether for good or worse.

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

The house is legally owned by Ms. Lee's grandson.
    The house has been in foreclosure since 2009. So, definitely no payments in 2 years. It takes a while of not paying to have a house go into foreclosure as well. The grandson took out the second mortgage on the property he owned in 2002.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/103103-year-old-woman-1245741.html

6. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:so how or why did you pick 80 ?

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I agree, Kathy...
    I feel for the lady... but nothing in life is free..(sadly, even if you are 104 )
    Sad situation all around.. [​IMG]
    Times are tough.. he must have gotten behind and couldnt get ahead again..(so many have been there, myself included).
    Poor grandma has been living there forEVER..its her HOME... and NOT her fault they didnt pay the bills.
    I feel for her and her daughter. I truly do. Because i KNOW whats it like to have an elderly grandparent living with you,(95 years old)... and being responsible for keeping a roof over their head when times were hard..
    But again...the bills HAVE to be paid. Its life. The bank does not have to let you live there for free.. period.
    Its just too bad the poor lady has to suffer and be stressed in her last days because of this mess... [​IMG] I'd sooo tell her to come live with me,if i lived there.(really). [​IMG]
    I respect and appreciate the deputies in this case though... they DO have a job to do(just as we ALL do..)... but they used their heart instead.
    I just hope they dont get in trouble for it... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Yep, it's a rough old world out there. Sorry all the way around, but there are also stories of young couples with babies getting evicted. I think that is just as heartbreaking or more so.

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Glad it worked out. That woman looks good for her age. I need to look her up...get some secrets.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    No need to argue about it the bank worked it out and they can stay. Who wants that PR nightmare anyways?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by